1. You have to pick up their poop forever and ever.
2. They never fill their own food and water bowls.
3. Kids eventually outgrow climbing into your bed and sleeping on your head in the middle of the night. The dog never does.
4. After a long day, your kid is content to have some screen time. Your dog still insists on going for a walk.
5. Fetch and tug ‘o war are now on you calendar. Daily. Sometimes hourly.
6. Monthly medication is required to keep them bug free.
7. They will stare into your soul until you read their minds to figure out exactly what it is they want you to do. And then you will do it.
8. Even when it’s raining/sleeting/freezing, you’re going outside.
9. You can go without cutting your kid’s hair for a few months/years/ever, but no can do with the dog. Unless you’re into the matted jungle monster look.
10. Did I mention the lifetime commitment to poop scooping yet?
What did I miss???