They look happy, don’t they?
Yesterday was a Monday. And not just the “day of the week kind” of Monday. But a MONDAY … I’m sure you’ve had one of those.
I’m gonna tell you about ours. But first….
Lemme count my blessings. (You thought I was gonna take a selfie?)
1. We got this dress finished:
2. I got a shower before Monday turned into MONDAY.
3. Our drinking bottles were all filled with clean water at the start of the day.
4. We had band aids on hand.
5. Keith is one of those super smarties who thought to turn off the circuit breaker to the hot water heater before we had to dump the entire contents, as to save us on the heating of water being flushed through.
6. Tracey. Tracey works with us at our studio and played the entire afternoon with Mayhem making paper (MERMAID) dresses and catering to every request Mayhem made from the Cute Girls Hairstyles website. (Side note, visit at your own risk – be prepared to lose hours of your time because you JUST can’t turn away!)
7. Everything else. I’ve got more blessings than we have time to list, so let’s just say number seven is ALL OF IT.
So here’s how it all went down.
Fresh from the shower, I brushed my teeth. When I went to rinse my toothbrush (and my mouth) I found yellow/brown water coming from our faucet. And I narrowly missed sticking my toothbrush in it. So I grabbed my water bottle and finished the job.
Then I confirmed that yellow/brown water was now coming from every faucet in our house.
Then I decided to not turn on the washing machine. Or wash the breakfast dishes.
So we went to the studio two hours early. Because killing two hours at Target would have cost a lot more. Guaranteed.
Six hours later, we returned home and I turned on all faucets. Same nasty water.
Mayhem promptly gets a nasty paper cut and blood is dripping down her hand. I grab her (and a bottle of water) and head for the bathroom.
Keith yells “DON’T PUT HER HAND UNDER THAT WATER!!! REMEMBER THAT STORY LAST NIGHT!!!!” Referring to the story on the local news the night before about a man who swam at a local-ish lake despite a sign being up about elevated levels of something or other. He also had a cut on his leg. And then got a MRSA infection and is basically lucky to have a leg.
So I yelled back “I’VE GOT BOTTLED WATER, FOOL!” Except I didn’t say the fool part.
And then Mayhem screamed her head off because she thought the water was going to hurt her, and I held her down and dumped water over it anyway, and said “SEE, TOLD YA IT WOULD BE FINE!”, and then I slapped a band aid on it.
In the meantime, our water has been running for about 30 minutes and is finally running clear. FINALLY.
Until we turned on the hot water.
So while it looked like the water running into our home was now clear, we still had a hot water heater tank filled with the gross water. Another 20 minutes later and the most of the water in our house was looking decent.
We decided we should probably go ahead and replace those water filters under our kitchen sink. Just in case. And also pick up a palate of bottled drinking water.
So we went to Home Depot. Which is also the ONLY place on the planet that Mayhem will get into a shopping cart. Even when we clearly don’t NEED a cart. She demands it.
And then we stopped by the grocery store for water.
And wine. Red, red wine.
And then we went home to dirty dishes, dirty clothes and leftovers for dinner.
Capped with a meltdown of epic proportions by Mayhem.
We were all three pretty much in a foul mood by the time bedtime rolled around.
My first thought when I woke up this morning was thank God it’s not Monday.
At least not for six more days 😉